International Students’ Affairs & Linkages Cell (ISAL Cell) of School of Business Studies, Sharda University (SU), is having immense pleasure to share a proud moment that two of its students namely – Mr. Emran Sharifi (BBA, 2nd Semester, Syst ID-2018003995) and Ms. Era Poudel (BBA, 2nd Semester, Syst ID-2018013127 ) have recently joined University of Almeria (UAL), Spain under Sharda University’s Student Exchange Programme for a Semester (Sept 2019 – Feb 2020).
Mr. Sharifi and Ms. Poudel are the first students from Afghanistan and Nepal respectively to study at UAL. It is the first time in its history that the University of Almería welcomes students of these nationalities through the Erasmus program.
The general purpose of the Student Exchange Program is to promote international educational and cultural exchange to develop mutual understanding between the people of the different countries.
Objective of Event:
Following are the objectives of the Student Exchange Programme.
- International learning and knowledge propel students towards acceptance and understanding of an array of different cultural and community perspectives.
- Language acquisition is achieved through practical immersion.
- Awareness and adoption of alternative, multi-faceted approaches to learning.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enhanced interest in global issues as well as a broader general knowledge.
- Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned exchange students.
- Maturity and social poise fueled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
- Integration into another family as well as the development of life-long friendships, fostering an appreciation of home and family.
- A tremendous sense of accomplishment upon completion encourages students to develop independent opinions, make informed decisions and strive to attain fresh goals.
- Prof. Gaurav Gupta, 8527061614, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Roopali Fulzele, 9582425298, email@example.com
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering(SET) is organising a Poster Presentation Competition on the topic Increasing capabilities of Electronic Vehicle Charging Station System on 31st of October 2019.
Convener & Coordinator Details:
- Dr Pallavi Gupta | 8800998813 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 31st of October 2019
Venue: Block – 2, Ground floor, Sharda University.
Menstrual Hygiene is vital to the empowerment and well being of women and girls. It is also about ensuring women and girls live in an environment that values and supports their ability to manage their menstruation with dignity. In order to create awareness, School of Education and School of Medical Science and Research, Sharda University is organising a workshop on the premenstrual syndrome, menstrual disorders and hygiene management on 31st October 2019.
The objective of Event:
- To create awareness amongst the faculty and students towards menstrual hygiene management.
- To provide guidance to manage menstruation in a hygienic way -in safety, privacy and with dignity.
- To understand the issues related to menstrual hygiene management.
- To promote menstrual hygiene management, not only for sanitation matter but also for safeguarding the dignity, bodily integrity and overall life opportunities of women and girls.
- Dr Shehla Jamaal
- Dr Nimmi Chutani, Professor and Head, Dept. of OBG, SMS&R, Sharda University, 8826998117, email@example.com
- Dr Sarita Verma, Assistant Professor, SOE, Sharda University, 9910144933, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Ruchi Saxena, Assistant Professor, SOE, 9871576582, email@example.com
- Dr Shehla Jamaal, Assistant Professor, Dept. of OBG, SMS&R, 8527686529, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 31st October 2019
Venue: Auditorium 014, Ground floor, Block 03, Sharda University.
To strengthen the technical skills of the students, Department of CSE, School of Engineering & Technology (SET) has taken an initiative to train and prepare the student for GATE Examination on every Saturday’s(including non-working).
Through GATE students will get a chance in PSU’s as well as pursuing a higher degree from the renowned institution of India (IIT’s, NIT’s etc).
Apart from it the students who levy to work in product based companies, it will help them in their technical interviews.
- Prof.Parma Nand(Dean-SET),
- Dr.Nitin Rakesh(HOD-CSE)
- Mr.Amit Kumar Upadhyay,
Department of HR & OB, School of Business Studies, Sharda University, is organizing a Guest Lecture (Invited Talk) on ‘Recent Trends in Instructional Training Design: Issues and Challenges’ on 1st November 2019 for students of MBA (HR specialization).
Objectives of the Event:
- To apprise students about the latest developments and related challenges in the field of Instructional Training Design.
- To engage students in a fruitful dialogue with industry professionals.
- Dr. Parul Saxena, 9873777356, email@example.com
- Dr. Sweta Dixit, 8826716856, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Mehernaaz Zahir
School of Law is organizing a National Seminar on “Confronting Gender-Based Violence in the Contemporary World: Current & Emerging Issues” on Friday, 01st November 2019.
About the topic:
Gender based violence is a violation of Human Rights that is directed against a person on the basis of gender. It constitutes a breach of the fundamental right to life, security, dignity, liberty, equality of a person. It reflects and reinforces inequalities in society. There is a need to break the silence and to ensure that violence against women is not just a woman’s issue but primarily a political, social, economic and cultural issue, while men represent the majority of perpetrators of violence against women, they have an important role to play in preventing and combating violence against women. Because of their role as fathers, husbands, brothers, and sons, men and young boys should be part of the solution and thus be involved in eliminating violence against women. It is not women or men working alone to end gender-based violence that would yield the best results. It is the partnership between them that will have the greatest impact and reach.
Objectives of the Event:
- To raise awareness on the issue of gender-violence and analyze the causes and factors responsible for gender violence.
- To analyze how Gender violence impacts the lives of victims, their families, and society at large.
- To identify various strategies to address the issue.
- To collect, share and develop innovative responses and best practices for elimination and prevention of Gender violence.
- To give recommendations and concrete proposals for action to NCW for elimination and prevention of Gender violence.
- The National Seminar is expected to be a remarkable step in achieving these objectives as it is intended to conclude the suggestions proposed and submit them to the National Women Commission to further action.
Eminent Speakers in the Session:
- Hon’ble Ms. Shamima Shafique, Former Member, National Commission for Women, Delhi
- Mrs.Meenakshi Sinha, Civil Judge Senior Division, Secretary, District Legal Services Authority, District Court, Gautam Budh Nagar
- Dr. Rajul L. Deasai,Member National Commission of Women, Delhi
- Dr. Urmila Yadav, Asst. Prof., email@example.com
- Ms. Vasudha Misra, Asst. Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Friday, 01st November 2019
Time: 10:00 am onwards
Venue: 201, Auditorium, 2nd Floor, School of Law, Block 7.
Department of Mathematics and Centre for Advanced Research in Applied Mathematics & Physics (CARAMP), SBSR, Sharda University is organizing an invited lecture on “Industrial and Financial Mathematics” by Prof. Kum Kum Dewan. Presently she is an adjunct professor, MITS, M.P. Technical University, Gwalior. She has served as Vice Chancellor in Noida International University, Gr. Noida and Vice Chancellor (officiating) in Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. She has 46 years of work experience in various capacities of the Central and Private Universities in India and abroad.
Prof. Kum Kum Dewan did her Ph. D. from IIT Delhi in 1980. She has published more than 120 research papers in national and international journals. She produced more than 25 Ph. D and completed many research projects.
Mathematics is the” Queen of all Sciences” and now it is also known as “Mother of all Technologies”. This is because, science is the creation of structure for our world, and Technology is the use of structure. Mathematics is the common language of this structure. All three of them have been a part of our progress. In fact Mathematical techniques have become the order of the day for obtaining accurate, precise and workable solutions to all the problems, irrespective of the area of knowledge. Be it social sciences, languages, abstract sciences and technological field, mathematics has come to adorn the analytical system in one way or the other. Industrial mathematics is nothing else but Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Computation of Industrial Problems.
In the past, financial managers relied on their experience and intuition to serve the client but now they rely on mathematical modeling to project the market behavior. Similarly Financial Mathematics or Financial Management has application in all aspects of business and industry namely:- Mathematical Finance, Financial Calculus, Financial Engineering and Computation, Risk Management. In the Banking Industry, Insurance Industry it has wide applications. Mathematics for Engineers is inescapable. Telecommunication and Imaging Systems, Automatics and Robotics, Artificial Intelligence also find their base in mathematics.
Mathematics for Medical Industry, Biological Systems, Defense and Cryptography for coding and decoding of secret messages is very essential. Mathematics has proven its relevance for Computer Science and IT Industry.
Objectives of the Event:
- To create interest in advanced research and promote interdisciplinary and innovative research.
- Prof. A. H. Siddiqi
- Dr. Khursheed Alam (9873097866)
Date: 1st November 2019
Time: 2:30 PM- 3: 30 PM
Venue: BIC Board room, Block-1, Sharda University.
School of Pharmacy (SOP) Sharda University is organizing Conference by Students of SOP in Collaboration with SPER Student Congress on 2nd November 2019.
Topic: “Nurturing Young Pharmacists as the Future of Healthcare Revolution”
Objective: To promote improved public health through the provision of information, education and networking opportunities as well as the range of publications and professional initiatives.
- Dr Vijender Singh (Dean SOP)
- Mob: 9810347087
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Dr Mojahidul Islam ( Associate Professor) | Mob: 9582447947 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Sweta Bawari ( Astt. Professor) | Mob: 9634517177 | E-mail: email@example.com
Chief Guest/Guest of Honor:
- General (Retd.) V. K.Singh, Honorable Minister of State ( Road, Transport and Highways). Govt Of India
- Mr Rajesh Chauhan
- Dr Diksha Aneja
- Mr Neil Bhatia
Date: 2nd November 2019
Time: 9.00 am to 4:00 pm.
Venue: SMSR AUDI, Sharda University, Greater Noida –U.P
Department of Paediatrics is Organizing CME on Pediatric Intensive Care on 2nd November 2019.
Objective of Event:
- Continuing Medical Education
- Dr. Sujaya Mukhopadhyay, 8588818346, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Anju Seth, Director – Professor Dept. of Pediatrics, LHMC, Delhi
- Dr. Urmila Jhamb, Director – Professor Head of Dept. of Pediatrics, MAMC, Delhi
- Dr. Dhiren Gupta, Pediatric Intensivist Dept. of Pediatrics, SGRH, Delhi
- Dr. Praveen Kumar, Director – Professor Dept. of Pediatrics, LHMC, Delhi
- Dr. Devendra Mishra, Prof. Dept. of Pediatrics, MAMC, Delhi
- Dr. Arpita Chattopadhyay, Pediatric Intensivist & Faculty Dept. of Pediatrics, CNBC, Delhi
With the aim to interact and update the parents about the performance of their wards, Department of Mass Communication, School of Creative Art, Design & Media Studies (SCADMS) is Organising Parent-Teacher Meeting (PTM) on November 2, 2019.
Such interactions are necessary to build a friendly relationship among the parents and the faculties, which further ensures a better development of the student personally and professionally.
Objectives of the Event:
- To share and discuss the performance of the students in MTE
- To discuss issues like attendance, classroom behavior, the status of assignments and overall performance of the students with their respective parents.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ritu S Sood, 9811089767, email@example.com
- Dr. Amit Chawla, 9654544567, firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Nursing and research (SNSR) in collaboration with Community Health Department, School of Medical and Research (SMSR) is organizing School Health Programme in Delhi Public School, Grater Noida.
About the topic –
Investment in education is an investment in health.
Addressing health and education together underpins all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). National Health Policy (NHP) 2017 also envisages attainment of the highest possible level of health and wellbeing for all ages, through preventive and promotive health care. The policy lays greater emphasis on investment in school health by incorporating health education as part of the curriculum, and healthy practices within the school environment. One of the key strategies to reach children and adolescents is through schools as schools serve as an ideal platform to impart education on health issues, instituting in them healthy behaviours, forge linkages with services and reach parents and community through the students.
The following is the schedule for School Health Programme :
|1.||2nd Nov 2019||Checking BMI of adolescent students.|
|2.||6th Nov 2019||Exhibition and Expert Talk on Healthy Diet|
Objectives of Event:
- To sensitize the students and parents about Body Mass index.
- To create awareness among students and school faculty though exhibition about a healthy diet.
- To enable the adolescents to adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Prof: Pauline Sharmila, 7011180356, email@example.com
- Dr. S. Nagesh, 9818320727, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Anushi Singh, email@example.com, 7347433617
- Ms.Vigy Elizebth Cherian, firstname.lastname@example.org, 7907045576
Time: 10am- 12pm
Venue: Delhi World Public School,
Plot No. 12/2, Opp. GNIBM, Maula Ali Rd, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308.
School of Nursing Science and Research is conducting Journal Club Presentation on Protective factors in suicide on 2nd November.
‘Protective factors in suicide ‘ refers to The interplay between a number of risk and protective factors at individual and psycho social levels that may impact in different ways on different individuals and communities at different times, must be taken into consideration when attempting to understand which factors promote resiliency and vulnerability to suicide and suicidal behaviour.
This condition is persistently taking the place of our whole society and leading
to social and health inequalities linked to suicidal risk.
Objective of Event:
- Promote Awareness that Suicide is a Public Health Problem that is Preventable
- Develop Broad-based Support for Suicide Prevention
- Identity, Develop, and Implement Suicide Prevention Programs
- Promote Efforts to Reduce Access to Lethal Means and Methods of Self-Harm
- Prof. Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, email@example.com
- Ms. Anushi Singh, 7347433617, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Madhvi Sharma, 9990100746, email@example.com
- Ms. Ramandeep, 9810240641, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Arpana Sagar, email@example.com
Department of Computer Science and Engineering (SET) is organizing an Industrial visit to MAAC, Karolbagh on 4th and 5th November 2019.
Objective of Event:
- This is a 2-day industrial visit in which students will get great exposure of 3D animation, VFX, 3D printing, video, game editing, Graphics, and Multimedia, etc.
- Prof. (Dr.) Parma Nand -Dean, SET
- Prof. (Dr.) Nitin Rakesh -HOD, CSE, SET
- Ms.Latha Banda, Assistant Professor, CSE-SET, 9306601870
- Ms. Neetu Sikka, MAAC Director
Date: 4th – 5th November 2019
Time: 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
Venue: 18, Lower ground floor, PUSA road Karol bagh, Delhi – 110005, Near Karol bagh metro station, Pillar no. 94, behind south Indian Bank.
Department of English, School of Humanities has organized a guest talk on “Documenting Persistence: Contextualising Select Voices by Women Writers” on the 4th of November, 2019 (Monday) for their English literature Students (both undergraduates and Post Graduates of English Literature).
Objective of Event:
Women’s Writing has often been defined by as a category of writing done by women. Though apparently this is right, many academicians and Scholars find such an explanation inapt. What makes the history of women’s writing so fascinating is that in many ways it is a new zone of study. The tradition of women writing has been much ignored due to the inferior place women have held in male-dominated societies. Women’s writings are still seen as invisible or greatly outnumbered by male writers or even entirely absent in literature anthologies.
The need of women’s Writing is to categorize and create an area of study of a group of people marginalized by history and to explore through their writing their lives as they were while occupying such an inimitable space within their culture.
The Talk intends to discuss various technical terms in the course of study and to identify the various feminist stance in the selected Voices of Women Writers.
It will also allow students to scope for further research in the domain of their choice.
- Dr. Mukuta Borah, Assistant Professor of English, SHSS
- Divyanshu, Awadhhesh, Rishabh, Shreya, Khenhile (English Undergraduates and Post Graduates)
- Dr. Ved Prakash, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Central University of Rajasthan
Department of Design, School of Creative Art, Design & Media Studies is organizing a visit to Old Fort of students studying Bachelors of Design, First year on the 5th November 2019. Old Fort is a very ancient heritage site and provides various views to learn from. The site has been continuously inhabited for 2,500 years and remains dating since the pre-Mauryan period have been found. The walls of the Fort rise to a height of 18 meters, traverse about 1.5 km and have three arched gateways.
The visit aims to provide students with an opportunity to learn Landscape Drawing and nature Study which is also a part of their curriculum. This outdoor class will be fruitful for the students and enhance their skills out of the classroom.
Objective of Event:
- The visit aims to provide students with an opportunity to learn Landscape Drawing and nature Study which is also a part of their curriculum. This outdoor class will be fruitful for the students and enhance their skills out of the classroom.
- Professor Rupinder Singh | 8527925100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Tauheed Mehtab | 9891176007 | email@example.com