Arte Vincit Omnia (Art Conquers all) is an art camp organized by the Visual art (Bachelor of Visual Arts) program at Sharda University, Department of Design, School of Creative Art, Design and Media Studies which focuses on capturing the rapidly changing notions of art. With their first camp, the university envisages in developing space of learning where students will be given an opportunity to engage with local and international artists. Initiated by the program leader of Visual Arts, Mr. Phaneedra Nath Chaturvedi the camp lays the foundation of bringing a slice of contemporary art in the campus. It is an attempt to sensitize students within and outside the university towards painting as a discipline of art and also create awareness about other forms such as sculpture and applied art. The camp strives to traverse the significance of process in distinctive art practices and comprehend the journey of a singular thought to a form of art. Artists have been invited from various parts of the country such as Ashwan Jamwal (Jammu and Kashmir), Elancheziyan. S (Tamil Nadu), Shantanu Day, Nandini Sarkar (West Bengal), Rahul Gautam (Uttar Pradesh), Manish Ranjan (Bihar) and Abhijit Saikia (Assam). Each of them has been developing disparate visual languages, a demonstration of which in the campus will not only enable students to get an insight into their practice but will also create a unique environment for the unabating expression.
The camp aims at harnessing virtually distinctive processes of art, from ideation to expression. It also deals with contemplating the effects of an embodied space such as an educational institution on a work of art and navigate the expanse of creative impression through material and form exploration. The event will be a stepping stone in creating an abode of art within the university through which the students will be able to appreciate various visual forms as audience and learners.
It will be accompanied by an exhibition of the works in the campus as well as at Gallery ONKAF, Hauz Khas. Thus, introducing students with various stakeholders in the art community and encouraging them to experiment and explore.
- The Art Camp is an endeavor to bring young minds closer to the world of creativity and beyond, also sensitizing them towards an appreciation of the various art forms. It caters to introducing the students with Indian contemporary art.
- The informal atmosphere and the freedom to express and absorb ideas will bring about a continuous state of interaction amongst students and artists, turning the camp into a lively and fruitful forum.
- As one of the key steps to enhance the presence of Sharda University and its students in the field of the creative world, exposure to a member of the national art community is expected to contribute significantly.
- The camp focuses on inculcating a creative environment within the campus which allows free flow of expression
- It also aims at introducing the students with the significance of process by making them work closely with the artist.
- Prof. Rupinder Singh | 8527925100 | email@example.com
- Mr. Tauheed Mehtab | 9891176007 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Curator for the Event:
- Mr. Phaneendra Nath Chaturvedi | 9810947249 | email@example.com
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, School of Basic Sciences and Research, Sharda University is organizing a national workshop on Mathematical Modeling using Mathematica. This workshop may provide an opportunity to strengthen the collaborations among academicians, researchers and industrial practitioners. It aims to build up a platform for experts both from the academics and the financial industry to disseminate research results and exchange ideas and give exposure to students.
Objective of the workshop:
- To give exposure about the importance of mathematical modeling in real life.
- To highlight features of MATHEMATICA.
- To show effective use of MATHEMATICA in data analysis, image processing etc.
- To analyze and visualize data with the help of MATHEMATICA.
- To learn the utility of MATHEMATICA in Mathematical Modeling through numerical computations.
Speakers & Course Contents:
The resource persons from IIT’s, central universities and other reputed universities will deliver the keynote addresses and plenary lectures on the theme of the workshop. The topics to be covered as follows:
- Mathematical Modeling.
- Advance modeling and Math Optimizer.
- Numerical Solution
- Data analysis and MATHEMATICA link for excel
- Global Optimization
- Statistical Inference
For registration fill the Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10JiufDp7Bcqnus5r5T-zBKkSerzxsIHLQ7Mi8a100M4/edit
After arriving here, fill the prescribed registration form and pay the registration fee on spot.
Other University Students: ₹500/-
Faculty from Sharda University: ₹500/-
Faculty from other institutions: ₹ 1000/-
- Last date of the registration is 06-04-2019 and confirmation will be communicated on 07-04-2019.
- Certificate will be provided to all participants.
- Seats are limited (only 30).
The session is open for all UG-PG students and faculty members.
- Prof. H. S. Gaur
- Dr. Khursheed Alam
- Dr. Sangeeta Gupta (9953250410)
- Dr. Sweta Srivastav (9911967159)
- Dr. Mohd. Shahid Baboo
Date: 9th-13th April, 2019|Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. |Venue: Mathematics Lab 119 Block-1, Sharda University
School of Dental Sciences, Sharda University is organizing 4th International Dental Student’s Congress 2019— CONNEXON in collaboration with Indian Association of Dental Students and International Association of Dental Students from 12th – 14th April, 2019 .
- The Inaugral ceremony of the Conference will be held on 13th April 2019 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM at SMSR Auditorium, 5th floor.
- Padmashree Dr Mahesh Verma (Director & Dean, Maulana Azad Institue of Dental Sciences) has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest.
- Sudhir Kapoor (President UP Dental Council Of India) will be the Guest of Honour.
- Ved Prakash Mishra (Chairman Academic Committee, MCI and Chancellor Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, Karad) will deliver a key note address on 14th april 2019 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM at SMSR Auditorium,5th Floor.
- There will be a galaxy of 6 International Keynote Speakers and 22 National Speakers around the globe with an attendance of more than 600 delegates from all over the country.
- To enhance the skills and knowledge of the experienced young dentists and dental professionals.
- To encompass dental professionals with a wide arena of guest lectures, research papers, paper & poster presentation, instructional courses, dental Olympics, dental quiz, and many more.
- To provide an excellent opportunity to network and meet the colleagues from the dental fraternity.
The Conference is also hosting biggest EXCELLENCE IN DENTAL PROFICIENCY AWARDS to Dental Surgeons, Dental Students and other Dental Professionals under various categories to acknowledge them.
- Jagadeesh H.G, Organizing Chairperson, 8448447816, firstname.lastname@example.org
- M. Sidhharth, Organizing Secretary, 9810256106, email@example.com
Date:- 12th – 14th April 2019
Time:- 9am – 5pm
Venue:- Sharda University, School of Dental Sciences, SMSR Auditorium, Audi 005, Block 3.
School of Law, Sharda University is profound knowledge in both experiential and academic area. In continuance of this, School of Law is organizing students visit to Prayas, (Pohb.) Juvenile Aid Centre Society, Delhi, Firozshah Kotla, Delhi Gate, Delhi-110002
About the Institution:
• The Prayas Observation Home for boys at Ferozshah Kotla, Delhi is a short stay home for the Juveniles in conflict with law and is the protective home for the JCL, during the pendency of the inquiry against them.
• To provide a first-hand opportunity to the students of Criminal Law and Criminal Justice Administration
• To have an understanding of juvenile justice system and rehabilitation at juvenile homes.
• Experiential Learning about various rehabilitations measures for boys in conflict with Law.
• Dr. R.P. Yadav, Associate Professor, SOL, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dr. Urmila Yadav, Assistant Professor, SOL- email@example.com
Date of Event- Friday, 12th April, 2019
Time- 10-12 pm
Venue- Prayas, (Pohb) Juvenile Aid Centre Society, Delhi
To strengthen the technical skills of the students, Department of CSE, School of Engineering & Technology (SET) has taken an initiative to train and prepare the student for GATE Examination on every Saturday’s(including non-working).
Through GATE students will get a chance in PSU’s as well as pursuing a higher degree from the renowned institution of India (IIT’s, NIT’s etc).
Apart from it the students who levy to work in product based companies, it will help them in their technical interviews.
- Prof.Parma Nand(Dean-SET),
- Dr.Nitin Rakesh(HOD-CSE)
- Mr.Amit Kumar Upadhyay,
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University is organizing inter college engagement program “Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) -Majestic Skill Will Lead”. The participating colleges are IMSEC Ghaziabad, ABES Ghaziabad, GLBITM Greater Noida, KIET Ghaziabad, AKGEC Ghaziabad, IMS Ghaziabad and Sharda University.
- The students will get awareness about the new technologies in the industry.
- Dr.Parma Nand, Dean, School of Engineering and Technology
- Dr.Bhim Singh, HOD, Mechanical Engineering, SET
- Ms Saigeeta Priyadarshini, Assistant Professor, ME, 9873760083
- Mr Anuj Kumar Sehgal, Assistant Professor, ME
‘Finance’ and ‘HR & OB’ departments of School of Business Studies, Sharda University, are jointly Organising a Business & Law Quiz Competition : Vidhi & Vyapar-3 on 12th April 2019.
Any UG/PG student of Management/Law Course of Sharda University or any other institution can participate in the quiz competition.
Questions relating to general awareness, current affairs, business and law constitutes the basic theme of this quiz competition.
Only team entries are allowed. A team of two student can register for the quiz.
Competition carries exciting prizes and certificates. Winners, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up position will be awarded with trophy, cash prizes worth Rs. 6000 and merit certificates.
Certificate of participation will be given to all the qualifying participants.
Prof. K. R. Gola, 9911362295, Kr.firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Rachna Bansal, 8826803330, email@example.com
Prof. Santhi Narayanan, Dr. Ankur Agarwal, Prof. Ashish Saxena
School of Architecture and Planning, Sharda University is organizing a special Lecture on “Gender Equality “ for B.Arch students ( 1st,2nd and 3rd year).
Objective – To help students in developing a vision and understanding of gender equality and its consequences and causes.
Speaker – Tabassum Khan ( SOL Assistant Professor )
- Prof. Rupinder Singh, 8527925100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Shhilpi Sinha, 9958657664, Shhilpi.email@example.com
- Ar. Richa Malik, 9891186972, Richa.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ar. Sakshi Aggarwal, 8826120068, email@example.com
Program Details –
Date: 12th April,2019
Time : 1:45pm
Venue: Seminar Room, 8th Floor, block 2, School of Architecture and Planning, Sharda University
As part of the experiential learning, School of Law, Sharda University actively organizes as well as participates in Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities in Campus and out Campus for the overall development of the faculty/students and enriching the practical knowledge of the budding lawyers.
In continuation of this Endeavour, 07 Faculty and 10 LL.M. students are participating in the event on ‘Reforms in Legal Education and Research: Challenges & Remedies’
The event shall be inaugurated by Hon’ble Mr. Justice A. K. Sikri, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India. The event shall also be addressed by legal luminaries such as Prof. Upendra Baxi and Mr. Fali S. Nariman.
Objective of the event:
• To provide opportunity to the Faculty/Students to interact with the top Legal Luminaries.
• To give Faculty/students the understanding of the challenges facing the Legal Education in India
• This visit shall provide an avenue to contribute in suggesting possible solutions and remedies in the pursuit of reforming Legal Education in India.
After attending the Seminar Faculty/ students shall be able to:
• Understand the importance of Legal Education and Research
• Understand the scope of reforms in legal education and research in India
• Know about the challenges and remedies in the area of reforms in Legal Education in India
Date- Saturday-Sunday, 13th -14th April 2019
Time- 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
Venue-National Law University, Delhi, New Delhi
Learning new concepts among normally developing children is natural to the process of growing up. But there are some children who despite of normal intellectual capacity and normal visual, hearing and physical abilities are yet unable to acquire the basic language and arithmetical skills as per there age. Learning Disability is a neuro-developmental disorder that affects the brain’s ability to receive processes, store and respond to information expressed in printed or written form. This specific disability not only affects academic performance and achievement but also hampers the self-concept and emotional well being.
In view of above points School of Education is organising a one day workshop on the topic Learning Disability (LD): Identification, assessment & First Level Psychological Aids in collaboration with Kasturba Institute of Psychological & Behavioural Medicine(KIPBM) on 15 April 2019.
Objective of Event:
- To build up awareness and knowledge among student teachers and faculty about Learning Disability.
- Equip student teachers with basic skills to identify and assess Learning Disability.
- Provide First level Aid to children identified with Learning Disability.
- Understand conditions and agencies for further referral in cases where required government policy of certification and its benefits for learning disability group
- Dr. Rainu Gupta,9205471851, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruchi Saxena, 9871576582, email@example.com
- Dr. Pratibha A Singh Director of KIPBM, Greater Noida
School of Humanities & Social Sciences (SHSS) and Sharda Skills are jointly organizing literature festival ‘INKWASH 2019’ to be held on 15th & 16th April 2019. It aims to bring languages from all cultures as well as languages and cultures from different region both national and international into one forum to interact and showcases their perception of culture. This year the theme of the festival is ‘Adaptations’.
To Register online, please follow the link below and pay via paytm on 8979825554.
The events that will take place during the Literature Festival are as follows:
• A Fair-ly Presence – In Costume Monologue
• Poetry to the Sound of Music – On the spot poetry writing and reciting Competition
• Nano Tales – Flash Fiction Writing Competition
• End Game – Story Writing Competition
• Turncoat – Debate Competition
• Scene and Dialogue – Writing event
• Sherlocked – Solve the Murder Mystery
• Lit Wit – Literary Quiz
• Have A Conversation – Dramatics Competition
• Frozen Story – Photography Event
Other Attractions of the Literature Festival are as follows
• Various Stalls set up by the students
• Mehfil-e-mushaira – Meet the Poets
• Annual Play Performance by SHSS Students
Department of Mathematics and Centre for Advanced Research in Applied Mathematics & Physics (CARAMP), SBSR, Sharda University is organizing an invited lecture on “Data Mining and Wavelets” by Prof. P. Manchanda (Professor & Head, Department of Mathematics, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar). She is Secretary of Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM). She is actively engaged in research and has published more than 50 research papers in well-reputed international journals.
Data mining is comparatively new interdisciplinary field developed by joint efforts of mathematicians, statisticians, computer scientists and engineers. In the talk, some important ingredients of this field along with their applications in real word problems will be presented. Applications of wavelet methods to data mining particularly denoising, dimension reduction, feature extraction, similarity search, etc will be discussed.
To create interest in advanced research using data mining techniques and promote interdisciplinary and innovative research.
The session is open for all PG students and faculty members.
Date: 15th April, 2019| Time: 11:30 AM | Venue: BIC Board room, Block-1.
Convener: Prof. A. H. Siddiqi
Co-Convener: Prof. R. C. Singh
Coordinator: Dr. Khursheed Alam (9873097866)
Department of General Management, School of Business Studies (SBS), Sharda University, is Organising a Workshop on ‘Resume Writing’ on 15th April 2019 for MBA-Healthcare and Hospital Administration students of SBS.
Dr .Richa Pandey, 9560448270, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Himanshi Puri, 8447879131,email@example.com
The software workshop will introduce the concepts of Revit to B Tech (2nd year) Civil Engg. students. This software is an Industry-standard and is used by structural engineers, architects and other building professionals to help reduce risk, obtain insight into how buildings will perform before construction begins, develop better quality designs, and improve project delivery.
Objective of Event:
- The event is aimed at introducing the students to the Revit software and its utility.
- Dr. Gaurav Saini, 8287051260, firstname.lastname@example.org