The Department of Design is onset to host its annual design fest celebrating the impeccable collection of their design journey on 15-17 March 2019.
Confluence 2019 will include the two major events mentioned below:
RETHINK FASHION 2019
The Fashion Design collection highlighting the need for a more sustainable approach towards designing and manufacturing of garments for the industry along with inspiring the women of today and understanding their multiple roles in the construction and evolution of the world.
DESIGN DETOUR – AAKAR 2019
Design exhibition showcasing the artworks and products designed by the students exhibiting their journey of design during the entire year.
- Professor Rupinder Singh, 8527925100, email@example.com
- Mr. Tauheed Mehtab, 9891176007, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharda University is proud to present the 9th edition of Chorus from 15th to 17th March 2019, Friday to Sunday. It is a platform that encourages healthy competition among the participants and is a time for the university family and all the attendees to celebrate and learn. Chorus has established itself well from its initiation in 2009 and we have all come a long way with increasing participation every year and more events, fun, and excitement to look forward to. There will be student participation from across the country. We are expecting a footfall of around 45000 – 50000.
The Paladin is a class of Warrior that is fully devoted to kindness and riding the Universe of Evil and especially the weakness within us. In combat, a Paladin with a cause is almost impossible to defeat. He is a person who does Herculean deeds and has the ability to do them in a way that a normal person couldn’t or we can say someone who manifests a super-ability or superpower and generally acts heroically-is brave and self-sacrificing. Paladins are an archetype for us, and they are modeled after us. Reel life Paladins stories provide rich examples of psychological phenomena for the people who want to become paladins in their real life. For instance, the origin stories of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Tony Stark/Iron Man are sublime examples of how people make meaning of traumatic experiences.
As the last year’s theme was ‘Atmos’ that symbolizes atoms and taking the legacy forward this year the concept of Paladin came up as the superheroes within us have originated from small atomic particles.
Registration Open: http://www.chorusfest.in/
Department of Public Health Dentistry is celebrating World Oral Health Day on 20’Th March 2019.
Most people suffer from various oral conditions throughout their lifetime. So, for raising global awareness on prevention & control of diseases, to promote good oral health every year World Oral Health Day (WOHD) is celebrated every year on 20th March. To mark the occasion. Department of Public Health Dentistry, School of Dental Sciences will be conducting a community preventive program from 18/03/2019 to 20/03/2019 following the WOHD 2019 theme
“Say Ahh: Act on Mouth Health”
It will be an effective program for those who are less likely to receive private dental care and are at high risk for oral diseases.
Date Activity Venue Time:
18/03/2019 Oral Health Awareness Campaign Vair Village 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
19/03/2019 Pit and Fissure Sealant Program Prathmik Vidyalaya, Hadimpur 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
20/03/2019 School Oral health Program Little Wings Day Care 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- To raise awareness about the fact that oral health is the gateway to systemic health and cannot be isolated from general diseases.
- To promote that oral health is much more than a nice smile.
- To motivate the participants to make changes & safeguard their oral health
- Promote prevention & early detection of oral diseases.
- Raise awareness about the importance of good oral health & preventive oral health habits.
- Dr.Swati Sharma, 9958383743, email@example.com
School of Architecture and Planning is organizing a Career counseling session for B.Arch, 5th year students at Sharda University, Greater Noida. It will help them in clearing their vision, what after graduation
Objective of the Event:
- -Helping figure out what students want out of their education and life
- -Discussing students’ ideas, feelings, and concerns about their educational and career choices
- -Identifying the factors that are currently influencing career development
- -Assessing abilities, values, and interests
- -Locating resources of career information
Expert: The Princeton Review, Aditya Jain, 09971139243
- Prof. Rupinder Singh, 8527925100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Shhilpi Sinha, 9958657644, email@example.com.
- Ar. Richa Malik, 9891186972, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ar. Pranjali Varshney, 07055005552, email@example.com
Date: 18th March 2019
Time: 2:30 pm – 4:15 pm
Venue: Seminar room, 806, Block-II, School of Architecture & Planning, Knowledge Park III, Plot#32& 34, Greater Noida.
NDRI is research driven Institute deals primarily with the techniques involved to increase quality and quantity of milk and their various products using various biophysical and biochemistry techniques.Students will introduced to various instrumentations used in the process and also they will be exposed to live stock which deals with the betterment of Cows and Buffaloes and the various research lead to the cure of several diseases of Cows and Buffaloes that causes low production of milk
Finance department of School of Business Studies, Sharda University is Organising a Guest Lecture (Invited Talk) by Industry Expert on the topic “Soft Skills/Personality Development” on 19th March 2019 for the students of ‘B.Com. (Hons.)-Finance & Accounts with ICA’ program.
Prof. Sunil Joshi, 9899889085, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sadhana Sargam Kumar, 9650879710, email@example.com
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology is conducting a visit for their B.Tech Third Year Mechanical Engineering students with an aim to study the technology and design innovations in the newly constructed composite structure (BOWSTRING ARC TRUSS BRIDGE & BEAM BRIDGE) joining the Medical Science block with Sharda Hospital.
The state of the art engineering design of the structure shall benefit the students to understand the concept of Statically determinate and Statically indeterminate truss designs, enable them to analyze the slope-deflection, force magnitude and force nature on each member comprises truss.
- Prof (Dr.) Bhim Singh, HOD ME
- Dr Anuj Kumar Sehgal
- Dr. Vineet Kumar
Time: 1:30 pm onwards
Venue: Sharda Medical College Block
- Dr. Anuj Kumar Sehgal
To strengthen the technical skills of the students, Department of CSE, School of Engineering & Technology (SET) has taken an initiative to train and prepare the student for GATE Examination on every Saturday’s(including non-working).
Through GATE students will get a chance in PSU’s as well as pursuing a higher degree from the renowned institution of India (IIT’s, NIT’s etc).
Apart from it the students who levy to work in product based companies, it will help them in their technical interviews.
- Prof.Parma Nand(Dean-SET),
- Dr.Nitin Rakesh(HOD-CSE)
- Mr.Amit Kumar Upadhyay,
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology (SET), is organizing three days workshop on “Practical Aspects of MATLAB” from on 25th -27th March 2019.
The objective of the Event:
- There is a Complete practical session on available tools of MATLAB
- Prof (Dr.) Parma Nand | Dean SET
- Prof (Dr.) Premananda Pany | HOD ECE+EEE, SET
- Dr. Rashmi Priyadarshini, Assoc. Prof. | ECE, SET
- Ms. Ranjeeta Singh, Asst. Prof. | EEE, SET
Speakers and Topics:
- Ms. Usha Tiwari: Basics for MATLAB Programming (Day 1)
- Prof. Premamanda Pany: Simulink and Stateflow(Day 2)
- Prof. Sushant Mandal: Neural Networks & Deep Learning(Day 3)
Date: 25th-27th March 2019
Venue: 302, Computer Lab, Block-I, SET
NOTE: Pls fill the google form shared below. We have only thirty seats.
For registrations Visit:
Department of Mathematics Organizing Technical Presentation Competition in Mathematics for Post Graduate students, 25th March 2019.
The presentation should more or less be based on the following structure:
- Introduction: In the introduction, briefly introduce your group, your topic, research question, approach and the structure of the presentation.
- Presentation with inserted „discussion fields“: The kind of question to ask and approach to employ depends on the topic.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should briefly summarize the results of your presentation without repeating too much.
Presentation’s evaluation is based on clear criteria. You can receive a maximum of 5 points:
- Content (25%)
- Advance performance as a group (15%)
- Use of additional literature (10%)
- Input to discussion (15%)
- Time management (15%)
- Form and structure (10%)
- Style (10%)
The main objective is to provide audience with input to a given topic. This input serves as the basis for discussion during the session. For a fruitful discussion, it is not only essential to present the basic concepts and ideas, but also to spark (and preserve/ strengthen) your classmates’ interest in the topic.
The session is open for all PG students and faculty members.
Date: 25th March, 2019| Time: 09:30 AM -11:30 AM |Venue: Mathematics Lab (Room No. 119) Block-1.
- Dr. Khursheed Alam
- Dr. Sangeeta Gupta (9953250410)
- Dr. Sweta Srivastav (9911967159)
World Tuberculosis Day is celebrated every year by the people all across the world at international level on 24th of March. It is celebrated to raise the common public awareness about the epidemic disease of Tuberculosis as well as get their efforts in order to eradicate this disease.
Objective of Event:
- To raise the awareness among the people regarding tuberculosis.
- To enhance their knowledge regarding early detection Tuberculosis by identifying early sign and symptoms.
- To promote the people for DOTS strategy who already had the Tuberculosis.
- To enhance the knowledge of the people regarding TB and its prevention by Role Play and exhibition.
- Prof. Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Respiratory Medicine, School of Medical Sciences & Research and Sharda Hospital is celebrating World Tuberculosis Day on 26th March, 2019 by organizing the following events.
- Free Health Camp :
Time : 09.00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Venue: OPD, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Block – C, Ground Floor, Sharda Hospital.
- Poster Presentation :
Theme: UNITE TO END T.B.
Time: 12 PM to 1.00 PM
Venue: 5th Floor Auditorium, SMS&R Building
- Guest Lecture / CME
Speaker: Dr. Shirish Jain, Senior DTO, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Topic: Recent Concepts in TB: Diagnosis and Management
Venue: 5th Floor Auditorium, SMS&R Building
Time : 02:30 PM onward
School of Humanities and Social Sciences is organizing a Career counselling session for MA & BA final year students at Sharda University, Greater Noida. It will help them in clearing their vision and will inform them about the opportunities they will be having after post-graduation and graduation.
Objective of Event:
- Helping to figure out what students want out of their education and life
- Discussing the ideas, feelings, and concerns of the students about their educational and career choices
- Identifying the factors that are currently influencing career development
- Assessing abilities, values and interests
- Locating resources of career information
- Dr. Rafraf Shakil, Assistant Professor, (SHSS), 9968637125, email@example.com
- Neha Pandey, Assistant Professor, (SHSS)
- Dheeraj Sharma, Director – Sharda Skills