International Students’ Affairs & Linkages Cell (ISAL Cell) of School of Business Studies, Sharda University (SU), is having immense pleasure to share a proud moment that two of its students namely – Mr. Emran Sharifi (BBA, 2nd Semester, Syst ID-2018003995) and Ms. Era Poudel (BBA, 2nd Semester, Syst ID-2018013127 ) have recently joined University of Almeria (UAL), Spain under Sharda University’s Student Exchange Programme for a Semester (Sept 2019 – Feb 2020).
Mr. Sharifi and Ms. Poudel are the first students from Afghanistan and Nepal respectively to study at UAL. It is the first time in its history that the University of Almería welcomes students of these nationalities through the Erasmus program.
The general purpose of the Student Exchange Program is to promote international educational and cultural exchange to develop mutual understanding between the people of the different countries.
Objective of Event:
Following are the objectives of the Student Exchange Programme.
- International learning and knowledge propel students towards acceptance and understanding of an array of different cultural and community perspectives.
- Language acquisition is achieved through practical immersion.
- Awareness and adoption of alternative, multi-faceted approaches to learning.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enhanced interest in global issues as well as a broader general knowledge.
- Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned exchange students.
- Maturity and social poise fueled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
- Integration into another family as well as the development of life-long friendships, fostering an appreciation of home and family.
- A tremendous sense of accomplishment upon completion encourages students to develop independent opinions, make informed decisions and strive to attain fresh goals.
- Prof. Gaurav Gupta, 8527061614, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Roopali Fulzele, 9582425298, email@example.com
School of Law, Sharda University is imparting profound knowledge in both experiential and academic areas. In continuation of this, a Parliament visit during winter session is organized for Law students to gain knowledge about Parliament proceedings and Legislation enactments.
- To learn about Parliamentary proceedings and enactment of Legislation.
- The visit shall enable the students to witness live parliament proceedings thus opening their mindset on policy formulation and legislation.
- Instill practical knowledge thereby boosting confidence and experiential learning.
- Dr. R.P Yadav, Associate Professor, SOL, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Harpreet Kaur, Asst. Professor, SOL, email@example.com
Date: Friday, 22nd November 2019
Time: 09:30 A.M Onwards
Venue: Parliament House, New Delhi
School of Nursing Sciences & Research (SNSR), is organizing 5 days Workshop on “Patient Care Excellence” on 22nd Nov, 23rd Nov, 30th Nov 2019, 7th Dec and 14th December 2019.
Patient Care Excellence is vital to cultivate patient engagement and integral to the long term sustainability of every hospital and health care system. Clinical excellence must be the priority for any healthcare system to deliver the promise of quality of nursing care by providing a personal touch. Nursing care based on the best available evidence and aim to improve the quality of care by changing the process of health care and improving the chances of getting well as possible. Patient satisfaction is an important & commonly used indicator for measuring to the quality of patient centered nursing care.
Demonstration of Advance nursing procedures will be performed at the laboratories by experts from various nursing departments specialized in Medical-Surgical Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing and Obstetrical Nursing for the internal & external delegates from another universities and faculty.
15 credit hours will be given approved by UP State Medical Faculty, Lucknow.
Objectives of the Workshop:
- To meet the training requirements for basic to advanced patient care & help to facilitate the delivery of consistent simulations into the nursing curriculum.
- To contribute to patient safety & optimize outcomes of care, providing learners with opportunities to experience scenarios & intervene in clinical situations within safe & supervised settings without posting a risk to the patient.
- To enhance the advance skills for Professional development & upgrade the knowledge.
- Prof: Pauline Sharmila,8800998805, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Anushi Singh, 7347433617, email@example.com
- Ms. Christa Mathew, 9999610791, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: November 22, 2019 – December 14, 2019
Venue: Audi 014, Sharda University, Knowledge Park-3, Greater Noida.
Department of Mathematics (SBSR) organizing a visit of B.Sc. (H) Mathematics, second year students to the villages Daulatpur, Deendayal Dham and Bisubar near Mathura, Uttar Pradesh on Saturday(23rd November 2019) for conducting Community Connect program. The students will visit these places to collect information about various schemes run by Government of India.
- Objective of the visit is to enhance the awareness of villagers about the benefits of different schemes run by Govt. of India. This will also provide real life problem solving experience to our U G students.
- Prof. H. S. Gaur (Dean- SBSR)
- Dr. Khursheed Alam (HOD- Mathematics)
- Dr. P.S. Jha (9506628383), email@example.com
- Dr. Richa Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Nidhi Sahni, email@example.com
- Dr. Varun Mohan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Santosh Kumar, email@example.com
Date: November 23, 2019.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Venue: Village: Daulatpur, Deendayal Dham and Bisubar near Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
School of Nursing Science And Research (SNSR), Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing is organizing Community surveillance cum Awareness program on 25th November 2019 at Maincha village.
About The Topic:
World Diabetes Day was launched in 1991 by the IDF and the World Health Organization (WHO) in response to the rapid rise of diabetes around the world. World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus and is held on 14 November each year. Diabetes can affect the entire family in several ways. In particular, blood relatives should be aware that a family history of Type 2 diabetes puts them at higher risk for developing both Type 2 and pre-diabetes. Early diagnosis and treatment is key for a healthy life with diabetes.
- To monitor the blood sugar level of community people
- To create aware among community people about diabetes, its types and risks factors
- To reduce the risk of diabetes in the family
- To encourage for a healthy lifestyle
- Students will be able to know how to diagnose blood sugar
- Prof: Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Kiran Sharma, 8839124390, email@example.com
- Mr. Elisha Mahato Senior Tutor, 9557215630, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Geetanjali, Tutor, 9736841834, email@example.com
Date: 25th November 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Venue: Maincha village, RHTC, Panchayatan.
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medical Sciences and Research (SMS&R) is celebrating ‘Iron deficiency Day’ on 26th November 2019.
The objectives of the event are:-
- To screen the nutritional deficiencies among school going, adolescent girls.
- To increase the awareness about serious public health problems posed by Iron Deficiency Anaemia among the school going, adolescent girls.
- Dr. S.Nagesh (Professor& Head), Department of Community Medicine.
- Dr. Khushboo Juneja(Assistant Professor ), firstname.lastname@example.org, 7060600602
- Dr. Anshu Singh (Assistant Professor), email@example.com, 9718395494
- Dr. Ambren Chauhan (Assistant Professor), firstname.lastname@example.org, 7983606820
Activities in health centers:
- Nutritional deficiency screening camp among school going adolescents girls. The students will be screened for anaemia, the identified anaemic students will be distributed IFA tablets and will be followed up for 3 months in the school, of RHTC & UHTC under Community Connect Program.
- Health awareness sessions for the community and school on serious public health problems posed by Iron Deficiency Anaemia by Interns posted on the centers.
Date &Time: 26th November 2019, 10a.m. -1.00p.m.
Activities in College-
- Model making competition :
Topic: Nutritional Deficiency disorders
Date & timing: 26th November 2019, 1.30 -2.30 pm.
Venue: 2nd floor, Common Room, SMS&R.
- Radio Talk on Suno Sharda at 90.8 FM :
A talk will be provided by Dr. Ishaprasad Bhagwat (Program Manager, The IndiaNutrition Initiative, TATA trusts) and expert advice will be given on “How to combat Anaemia” on Suno Sharda.
- Guest Lecture:
Topic: An Anaemia Mukt Bharat: How Can we make it a reality.
- Dr. Ishaprasad Bhagwat ( Program Manager, The India Nutrition Initiative, TATA trusts).
Date & Timing: 26th November 2019 at 2.30- 4 .00 pm.
Venue: Auditorium, 5th floor, SMS&R.
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, School of Basic Sciences & Research (SBSR) Sharda University is organizing a special lecture on “Miniaturized Analytical Systems and Nano-structured Materials for Green Environmental Remediation” on 26th Nov 2019 for the UG and PG Students, Research Scholars and Faculty members of SBSR.
Objective of Event:
- To provide a platform for faculty members, research scholars and UG and PG students to gain knowledge on cutting edge research on advanced materials for Green Environmental Remediation.
- To motivate the scholars and faculty for interdisciplinary research and to explore the possibilities of research collaborations with other organizations and Universities.
- Prof. R.C. Singh
- Prof. A.H. Siddiqi
- Dr. Vinay Kumar Verma, 783/890/5032, email@example.com
- Dr. P.K.Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Khursheed Alam, email@example.com
- Dr. Preeti Jain(SBSR), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Venus Dillu (SBSR) email@example.com
- Dr. Sangeeta Gupta (SBSR) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Salma Mohammed Al Kindy, Dean, College of Science & Prof. Department of Chemistry, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman.
Date: November 26th, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM – 12.45 PM
Venue: 107-B Block-3, Sharda University.
School of Nursing Science and Research (SNSR), Department of Medical Surgical Nursing is celebrating “LUNG CANCER AWARENESS” month and organizing an Expert Talk on “Lung cancer and its prevention” on 26th November 2019.
Lung cancer awareness month is celebrated in November month of every year. It is the most common cancer worldwide, affecting 2.09 million people in 2018. It takes more lives every year than colon, prostate, ovarian and breast cancers combined.
Lung cancer is a condition that causes cells to divide in the lungs uncontrollably. Lung cancer usually starts in the lining of the bronchi, but can also begin in other areas of the respiratory system, including the trachea, bronchioles, or alveoli. It is the leading cause of cancer death in both men and women. This causes the growth of tumors that reduce a person’s ability to breathe.
- Raising student’s awareness towards lung cancer.
- To encourage the students to improve their Psychomotor skills
- Supporting scientific researches on lung cancer.
- Raising awareness of the harmful effects of smoking, risk factors therapy of lung cancer
- Prof: Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, email@example.com
- Prof. Kiran Sharma, 8839124390, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Divya Upreti, 9953574132, email@example.com
- Ms. Swati Patiyal, 9736272040, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Anil Thakwani, HOD Oncology & Oncology Surgery, Sharda Hospital, School of Medical Science and Research.
- Dr. Hemkant Verma, Associate Professor Oncology & oncology surgery, Sharda Hospital, School of Medical Science and Research.
Date: 26th November 2019
Time: 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Venue: Block 3, Audi-014, Sharda University.
Department of General Management, School of Business Studies, Sharda University, is organizing a Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Writing and Publishing Quality Research Papers” on 28th November 2019.
- This FDP is intended to focus on the various issues and challenges faced during writing and publishing of a good quality research paper aiming to publish in highly reputed journals like ABDC/ABS/SCI Indexed/SCOPUS listed journals.
- Dr. Raj K. Kovid, Prof. & Head, Gen. Mgmt. Department, 9214306340, email@example.com
- Prof. Gaurav Gupta, Assistant Professor, SBS, 8527061614, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Raj Karan Gupta, Assistant Professor, SBS, 9971307357, email@example.com
- Dr. Vikas Kumar
Date: 28th November 2019
Time: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Venue: Room No. 202 (Seminar Room), Block-7, SBS, Sharda University.
To strengthen the technical skills of the students, Department of CSE, School of Engineering & Technology (SET) has taken an initiative to train and prepare the student for GATE Examination on every Saturday’s(including non-working).
Through GATE students will get a chance in PSU’s as well as pursuing a higher degree from the renowned institution of India (IIT’s, NIT’s etc).
Apart from it the students who levy to work in product based companies, it will help them in their technical interviews.
- Prof.Parma Nand(Dean-SET),
- Dr.Nitin Rakesh(HOD-CSE)
- Mr.Amit Kumar Upadhyay,
Sharda University, Plot No. 32-34, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, UP is organizing the Winter Course 2019 for enhancing the quality of faculty/teachers by the above course through NKN mode with the support of E & ICT Academy, NIT Patna.
Details of FDP :
- For registration required Cheque of Rs. 1000/-(Refundable) in favor of the National Institute of Technology, Patna.
Objective of Event:
- To Enhancement of subject knowledge of teachers.
- Prof (Dr.) Parmanand, Dean, SET.
- Prof. Sandeep Kumar Gupta, School Of Education, 9415446711
- Prof.(Dr.) Nitin Rakesh, HOD, CSE, SET.
- Ms. Rani Astya
- Mr. Pankaj Sharma
- Ms. Sanika Singh
- Mr. Subrata Sahana
Date: December 2, 2019 – January 18, 2020
Venue: Room No. 214, Block-1, Sharda University.
School of Nursing Sciences & Research (SNS&R) Dept of Community Health Nursing is organizing the ‘World AIDS Day’ Programme on 2nd December 2019 in Maincha village, Greater Noida by M.Sc. (N) 2nd year, M.Sc.(N) 2ndyear and B.Sc. (N) IV Year students. Every year to mark the anniversary of the founding of WHO, provides us with a unique opportunity to mobilize action around a specific health topic of action to the people all over the world.
Theme of 2019 World AIDS Day “Communities make the difference”.
Communities are a unique force behind the success of the HIV response. Thousands of community health workers and members of the HIV and key population networks – many of whom are living with HIV or affected by the epidemic – contributed to this success.
On World AIDS Day 2019, WHO is highlighting the difference these communities are making to end the HIV epidemic while drawing global attention to the need for their broader engagement in strengthening primary health care.
- To create awareness regarding AIDS and its prevention.
- To bring about a positive attitude among people of the Community towards HIV affected people.
- To remove the stigmas of the people regarding AIDS and its transmission.
- To encourage more students from the schools, universities and social structures to contribute awareness among the various people about AIDS and its prevention.
The M.Sc. 2ndyear, M.Sc. 1styear and B.Sc. 4th-year students will undertake the following activities:
- Rally in the community.
- Roleplay on the transmission of HIV and its prevention
- Display of charts regarding information about HIV.
- Feedback session.
- Dean SNSR, Prof: Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Sree Raja Kumar, Prof.& HOD -9646531203, email@example.com
- Ms. Sonia Ch., Asst. Prof -7827340588
- Ms. Ramdinmawii, Sr Tutor, 8375860049, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Himanshi Pradhan, Tutor
Date: 2nd December 2019
Time: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Venue: Maincha village, Greater Noida.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Organizing on Symposiums of Menstrual Hygiene Management in Girls with Special Need, 3rd December 2019
- Dr. Bindiya Gupta, Associate Professor, UCMS & GTB Hospital Delhi
- Dr. Pratima Mittal, Professor, Safdarjang Hospital
- Dr. Pooja Dewan, Professor, UCMS & GTB Hospital and Dr. Indu Chawal, Professor, RML Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Nimmi Chutani
- Dr. Neerja Goel, email@example.com
- Dr. Shehla Jamal, 8527686529, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 5th Floor Auditorium, SMSR, Sharda University, Greater Noida
Date & Time: 3rd Dec 2019, 1:30PM to 4:00PM
School of Dental Sciences (SDS) is organizing a Symposium on Dental Implants on 4th December 2019.
To create awareness about dental implants and disseminate knowledge about dental implants among budding dentists and the general public as a whole.
- Implant Course
- Case selection, diagnosis, treatment planning, convincing patients and various treatment modalities.
- CBCT reading
- Indications and contraindications
- Classification/ parts/ design
- Selection of implant size & Width
- Single-stage versus two-stage
- Single piece versus a two-piece
- Planning and preparation of stents
- Flap Techniques, Suturing Techniques
- Second stage surgery
- Hands-on Implant placement in sawdust models.
- Incision, Flap Technique, Suturing Techniques .
- Demonstration of Second stage surgery
- Demonstration of various materials, implant systems, physio dispenser, sinus lift kit etc
- Open tray and Closed tray impression technique’s
- CBCT reading/planning
- DR PAVAN.M.PATIL | 9999970260 | email@example.com
- DR NITIN BHAGAT | 9953784571 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- DR HAMDY AL BANNA
DR HAMDY AL BANNA-He earned his dental degree from Saint Joseph University School of Dentistry, Maintains a full-time private practice in Dubai and Lebanon. He is a clinical assistant in esthetic department at Saint Joseph and also doing lectures extensively, nationally and internationally, on topics relating to osseointegrated implants. Dr. Al Banna is a consultant and a scientific advisor for the 3I Biomet implant in Dubai.
Date: 4th December 2019.
Venue: BLOCK 7, PGDM BUILDING, SHARDA UNIVERSITY
Tune in to Suno Sharda 90.8 FM for a special interview on ‘Happiness’ with Prof. P.K. Mitra (School of Business Studies), Sharda University [4th December | 9-10 am @ Suno Sharda 90.8 FM].
- Prof. (Dr.) Ritu S Sood, 9811089767, email@example.com
- Dr. Amit Chawla, 9654544567, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RJ Gagan, Suno Sharda 90.8 FM
- Prof. P.K. Mitra
Date: 4th December 2019
Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Venue: Radio Studio, 4th Floor, Block 3, Sharda University.