School of Law (SOL), Sharda University is organizing ‘2nd Anand Swaroop Gupta Memorial National Moot Court Competition’, to be held on 5th-7th April 2017. National Moot Court Competition is to be inaugurated by Shri Manan Kumar Mishra, Senior Advocate, Chairman Bar Council of India New Delhi. Valedictory Session is to be presided as Chief Guest by Hon’ble Shri. Salman Khurshid, Senior Advocate, Former Cabinet Minister, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
60 Teams from all over the India is participating in the Competition. The Prizes of the competition is worth Rs. 1 Lakh+ and a free trip to Taj Mahal is organized for the participants on 8th April 2017.
Note : a certificate of volunteer will be granted to the students.
- Dr. R.P.Yadav (Mob.7009191182)
- Dr. A.K.Singhal (Mob.9911036054)
Student Coordinator Contact:
- Mr. Ratan(8285060427)
- Mr. Rishi Rathi (8447182535)
For Registration Form, Click Here
For Travel Information Form, Click Here
The Competition is structured as per the following format-
- Draw of lot: Each team will be provided with a Team Code. After the draw of lots, each Team will be assigned a side (appellant/respondent). Fixtures of the teams will be pre- determined based on the team codes
- Preliminary Round
- Semi Final Round
- Final Round.
- Students of 3 year and 5 year law degree courses from any University are eligible to apply for registration of team.
- However only one team shall be allowed to participate from one University/College
- Each team shall consist only of three members (two speakers & one Researcher)
- Any change of the names of the team member shall be informed in writing to that effect, by the Dean/Director/Head of the Department of School /Department/College of Law.
- Once the competition commences, the team composition cannot be changed under any circumstances whatsoever. Inability of any team member to participate shall lead to disqualification of the team from the Competition
- However the researcher may be allowed to argue instead of a speaker with prior permission of the judge.
PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE:
Teams shall register by making payment in any of these two ways:
- The teams interested to participate can deposit the fees directly into the bank A/C mentioned below. After the submission of fees, participant team must confirm their participation by sending an email to email@example.com duly filled registration form and scanned copy of bank transaction receipt on or before 15th March, 2017.
The bank details are as follows:
- Name of Account Holder: “Sharda University School of Law”
- Account no. 912010034705440
- IFSC: UTIB0000624
- Bank Name & Address: Axis bank Ltd., Alpha Commercial Belt, Gr.Noida.
- The participant team can deposit the fees by way of demand draft (DD) made in favour of “Sharda University School of law” payable at Greater Noida.
- On receipt of e-mail regarding such participation, a team code shall be generated and a conformity mail, together with the team code, will be sent to the applicants by 20th March 2017. Thereafter, the teams shall refer themselves through the allotted team code, in any future correspondence with the organizers of the competition.
- The Teams shall send their memorial (soft copy) on or before 24thmarch 2017 and Six hard copy (06) should reach the organizers by 31st March 2017 on the address given below-
Dean Office, 3rdfloor, School of Law (SOL Building), Sharda University, Greater Noida (U.P) 201306 .The envelope containing the Memorials must clearly mention“2nd Anand Swaroop Gupta Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2017” on top.
- The memorials so sent shall clearly mention the word “P” for memorial on behalf of the Petitioner, and the word “R” for memorials on behalf of the respondent, followed by the team code for both the instances.
(Share on Social)