Department of Computer Science & Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology (SET) is organizing a “2nd One-week International Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Computer Science and Allied Domains (RACSAD – 2020)” on 23rd – 28th November 2020”.
Objectives of Event:
This FDP will cover all the aspects related to Recent Advances in Computer Science and Allied Domains such as:
- To develop research acumen among faculty members and also dissemination of the same amongst the students by incorporating research-based inputs in education.
- To acquaint the participants with the use of basic qualitative and quantitative research techniques and data analysis tools.
- To re-emphasize the concept of teacher as transformer who go beyond the syllabus and beyond the class room to motivate the students for accepting challenges for innovative work.
- To develop a group of trainers equipped with innovative teaching methods.
- To focus on building work life balance and emotional intelligence.
- Prof. (Dr) Parma Nand, Dean, SET
- Prof. (Dr) Nitin Rakesh, HOD, CSE
- Dr. Vishal Jain, Associate Professor, CSE-SET
- Dr. Ankur Choudhary, Professor, CSE-SET
- Dr. Arun Prakash Agrawal, Professor, CSE-SET
- Dr. Gaurav Raj, Associate Professor, CSE-SET
- Mr. Abhishek Singh Verma, AP, CSE-SET
Chief Guest/Guest of Honor:
- Dr. Xin-She Yang, Reader in Modelling and Simulation, Middlesex University, UK
- Dr. Hardik A. Gohel, Principal Investigator, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Unit University Of Houston, Victoria
- Mr. Krish Naik, Chief Innovation Officer at iNeuron.ai, You Tuber in AI domain(250K* Subscribers) Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, India
- Mr. RaviKant Tyagi, Founding Member, Brain Mentor Pvt, Ltd. New Delhi, India
- Prof. P. S. Rana, Professor, Thapar Institute of Engg & Tech, Patiala, India
- Dr. Masoud Mohammadian, Associate Dean Education at University of Canberra, Australia
- Dr.Xin-She Yang is a Senior Research Scientist at National Physical Laboratory and Reader in Modelling and Simulation,Middlesex University, UK, best known as a developer of various heuristic algorithms for engineering optimization. He obtained a DPhil in applied mathematics from Oxford University. He has given invited keynote talks at SEA2011, SCET2012, BIOMA2012 and Mendel Conference on Soft Computing (Mendel 2012).He created the firefly algorithm (2008), cuckoo search (2009),bat algorithm (2010),and flower pollination algorithm (2012). Since 2009, more than 1,000 peer-reviewed research papers cited the firefly algorithm and/or cuckoo search. He has more than 50000 citations. His main interests are applied mathematics, algorithm development, computational intelligence, engineering optimisation, mathematical modelling, optimisation and swarm intelligence.
- Dr.Hardik A. Gohel, Principal Investigator, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Unit University Of Houston, Victoria. He is leading Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) funded project. The project includes hypervisor research with the purpose of improving cyberspace monitoring and analysis. This research is being conducted using virtualization technologies to deliver automated and real-time analysis of cyberspace attacks on distributed systems. This approach enables quick deployment and fine-grained monitoring of malware including analysis of their effects on live systems as well as their propagation patterns within the compromised network. He is investigating Linux kernel data structures as well as performing malware analysis. He is working with signature based malware, rootkit detection, Xen Project, Vmware and related APIs, hypervisors and malware analysis tools. He is actively mentoring undergraduate and graduate students. He is interested in pursuing additional research collaborations, linkages and MOUs with other universities, government agencies and corporate organizations.
- Krish Naik, Chief Innovation Officer at iNeuron.ai, Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, India. Data scientist, Motivational Speaker and Mentor having 250K subscribers.He had worked as a Lead Data Scientist, pioneering in machine learning, deep learning, and computer vision, an educator, and a mentor, with over 8 years’ experience in the industry. In his YouTube channel where he explained various topics on machine learning, deep learning, and AI with many real-world problem scenarios. He has delivered over 30 tech talks on data science, machine learning, and AI at various meet-ups, technical institutions, and community-arranged forums. My main aim is to make everyone familiar of ML and AI. Proven IT Professional with experience of 9 + years in Software Development & Project Implementation and 6 + years and currently working as a Lead Data Scientist Machine Learning & Deep Learning Developer.
- Mr.Ravikant is Data Scientist & Co-Founder of Brain Mentors Pvt Ltd. Mr.Ravikant passionate in providing high quality technical trainings on Dis ata Science and Big Data. He has delivered trainings for various corporate clients like Tata Power, IndiaMart, UST Global, Clear2Pay, Bechtel, NIIT, HCL and many more in technologies like Python, R Programming and Big Data. He has worked as a Data Scientist and Big Data Engineer in UTS for 2+ years in the Role of Data Scientist. He has trained more than 2000 students and 100+ faculties of various reputed Universities and Institutes.
- Dr. Prashant Singh Rana is currently working as Assistant Professor at Computer Science &EnggDept, Thapar Institute of Engg& Tech, Patiala, Punjab, India. He did PhD (Computer Science) from ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior. He is Director & Co-Founder of PSWave Pvt Ltd. and MLTool Technologies Pvt Ltd. Presently he has 2 Startups, 9 Patents, 5 sponsored Projects, 32 (SCI/E) + 22 (Conf) publications and trained more than 100+ Students in area of Machine Learning.
- Ms.KamiyaKhatter is presently working as Associate Editor at Springer Nature. She is a part of the Global Acquisition Team at Springer, an imprint of Springer Nature. She is responsible for acquisition and publishing of books in Engineering and Applied Sciences portfolio. She has worked in various areas of academic publishing for both books and journals in the past.