Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medical Sciences and Research (SMS&R) is organizing Online CME: “Multidisciplinary Approach to Mucormycosis- an Update” on 19th June 2021.
We are bearing with the most difficult times of our lives with immense courage, resilience, empathy and poise. Let us keep the hopes alive and in the meanwhile, sincerely work towards alleviating some of the suffering as much as we can. Rhino –orbito-cerebral mucormycosis (ROCM) has come as the bad second hit in the setting of COVID-19, and is a matter of immediate concern. It has over 60% mortality. From the time of first case of ROCM reported in February 2020, there has been an exponential increase in incidence in India, in sync with the second wave of COVID-19.
Objectives of Event :
- To create awareness regarding warning symptoms & signs for early diagnosis of mucormycosis and possible prophylactic measures
- To inculcate a protocol based strategy by a multi disciplinary team for a prioritized approach
- To update the professional knowledge to provide the highest quality of care to the patients
Date: 19th June 2021
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Registration link: www.streamtech.in/Multidisciplinary-Approach-to-Mucormycosis
Facebook Link: www.facebook.com/OptimizingVision/
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/D8eyUBtf_3Q
- Dr. J. L Goyal, Prof & HOD Ophthalmology, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University Greater Noida, UP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Abha Gahlot (9260042821)
- Dr. Divya Singh (8130821830)
- Dr. Monika Kapur (9891479016)
- Dr. Charu Malik, (9891054855)
- Introduction Dr. J. L Goyal, Prof & HOD Ophthalmology, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University, Gr. Noida, UP.
- How to start Mucor cell-When Nothing Existed. Dr.Ritu Arora, Dean Maulana Azad Medical College, Director Prof of Ophthalmology, MAMC New Delhi
- Meet the Black Fungus-Ophthalmic Manifestations and Management. Dr. Ruchi Goyal, Prof of Ophthalmology, MAMC New Delhi
- Mucormycosis- Role of an ENT Surgeon, When and how to intervene? Dr. Ravi Meher, Director Professor ENT, MAMC New Delhi
- Microbiologist Vision- “Now you can see me” Dr. Vikas Manchanda, Prof. of Microbiology, MAMC, New Delhi
- Imaging in cases of Mucormycosis from a radiological perspective, Dr. Jyoti Kumar, Prof of Radiology, MAMC New Delhi
- Catch the black fungus early – “A dental insight” Dr. Nitin Bhagat, Associate Professor, Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dental Sciences, Sharda University, Greater Noida, UP.
- End game of Mucormycosis- Neurosurgical intervention, Dr. Amit Srivastava, Consultant Neuro surgery, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University, Greater Noida, UP.
- The New Worry – Adding sugar to fungus- a deadly curse- Dr. Nalini Kurri, Associate Prof. Medicine, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University, Greater Noida, UP.
- Panel discussion by speakers
- Vote of thanks – Dr.Abha Gahlot, Prof. Ophthalmology, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University, Gr. Noida, UP.