Learning new concepts among normally developing children is natural to the process of growing up. But there are some children who despite of normal intellectual capacity and normal visual, hearing and physical abilities are yet unable to acquire the basic language and arithmetical skills as per there age. Learning Disability is a neuro-developmental disorder that affects the brain’s ability to receive processes, store and respond to information expressed in printed or written form. This specific disability not only affects academic performance and achievement but also hampers the self-concept and emotional well being.
In view of above points School of Education is organising a one day workshop on the topic Learning Disability (LD): Identification, assessment & First Level Psychological Aids in collaboration with Kasturba Institute of Psychological & Behavioural Medicine(KIPBM) on 15 April 2019.
Objective of Event:
- To build up awareness and knowledge among student teachers and faculty about Learning Disability.
- Equip student teachers with basic skills to identify and assess Learning Disability.
- Provide First level Aid to children identified with Learning Disability.
- Understand conditions and agencies for further referral in cases where required government policy of certification and its benefits for learning disability group
- Dr. Rainu Gupta,9205471851, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruchi Saxena, 9871576582, email@example.com
- Dr. Pratibha A Singh Director of KIPBM, Greater Noida