School of Education, Sharda University is conducting a Five-Day online FDP on ‘Designing and Process of Writing Research Papers in High Quality Scopus Indexed International Journals.’ on 7th – 11th December 2020.
Writing a research paper may appear daunting and remain unfinished for months. The task of writing is not as stressful as it seems. This workshop on research paper writing will make the entire process of writing an interesting and a rewarding experience. This workshop will help you to communicate your ideas in an organized manner acceptable by the academic fraternity.
A great deal of value is involved to publish a high-quality research paper. Besides PhD, small scale research projects can be taken up to produce scientific research papers. Ph.D. research scholars are required to publish minimum of 2 research papers in refereed journals before the submission of the thesis. Some of the UG/PG students are also interested in publishing the papers to get the financial assistance for doing masters/Ph.D. in foreign countries. A substantive research effort is involved in writing a research paper by a large number of researchers and by industry experts. However, several researchers do not know how to write a research paper with the result that a large number of papers are being rejected by the peer reviewed quality journals. Writing a research paper is an art as well as a sophisticated knowledge-based skill. Very few among the academia understand the finer nuances involved in writing a research paper which is publishable in a high-quality refereed journal. This workshop is expected to fill up this gap to some extent.
To gain an appreciation of what quality means in the context of academic writing;
- To understand the nuances of writing different sections of research papers.
- To develop the ability to appropriately frame and structure a research argument using evidence as per disciplinary conventions;
- To understand the requirements of publication; and
- To use Social media for academic purpose
- Types of research paper (Original research, review, short communication, technical note, comments, etc.,)
- Structure of a research paper (Abstract, introduction, experimental/theoretical, results and discussion, conclusion and references)
- Generating and choosing an idea
- Connecting with the reader
- Literature review (with specific focus on review-based papers)
- Questionnaire frame work for conducting survey
- Making claims and supporting them
- Drafting a research paper
- Citations and referencing
- Data Analytics for Scholarly Scientific Research Papers
- Abstract, title and keywords
- Plagiarism and ethics of paper writing
- Top reasons for rejection of papers
- Impact factor
After the completion of the FDP, it is expected that the participants will know how to choose the right research area of their interest, collect literature from various bibliographical sources, write research papers, communicate manuscripts to journals, reply to reviewer comments. The participants will also learn the preparation of research papers, reports or thesis.
This course is for all those who intend to have research as a career.
- Post-Graduate Students
- Aspiring Ph.D. candidates
- Research scholars/Ph.D. Students
- Faculty at Colleges/Universities
- Anyone interested in research
- Prof. K. Venugopal Rao, Former Search committee Member for the selection of Vice Chancellor, Alagappa University, 2018, Dean, Faculty Commerce of Management
- Sri Krishna Devaraya University, Ananthapuramu- Andhra Pradesh
- Dr. Pacha. Malyadri, ICSSR Senior Fellow, Centre for Economic and Social Studies (An ICSSR Research Institute, MHRD, Govt. of India), Hyderabad
- Dr. Kankipati Srinivasa Rao, Associate Professor, Dept of Commerce, Vivek Vardhini College of PG Studies, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Dr. D. Kumaresan, rincipal, Laxminarayana Arts and Science College for Women, Dharmapuri (T.N.)
- Dr. Akanksha Srivastava, Associate Professor, School of Education, Sharda University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: +916398727580
- Dr. Nishi Tyagi, Assistant Professor, School of Education, Sharda University
- Email: email@example.com
- Mob: + 919311101084
- Dr. Disha Maheshwari, Assistant Professor, School of Education, Sharda University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: +919711044129
- Dr. Sarita Verma
- Dr. Pankaj Das
- Dr. Rinkal Sharma
- Dr. Parmod Madeshia
- Dr. Pushpa Devi
Rs. 250/ For Academicians and others
Rs. 200/ For Students and Research Scholars
SHARDA UNIVERSITY BANK DETAILS FOR PAYMENT OF FEES:
Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd.
Branch Address: Krishna Apra Royal Plaza, D-2, E(acb), Alpha-1, Greater Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar, UP- 201306
Account Holder Name: Sharda University-Seminar
Account No. : 025405005815
IFSC Code : ICIC0000254
SWIFT Code: ICICINBBCTS
MICR Code: 110229037
The interested candidate may register at the registration link: https://forms.gle/p6M2eQxLmRM9GYFm6
Registration is strictly on a first come first serve basis.
E-certificate will be provided to each participant.(Share on Social)