School of Nursing Science and Research (SNSR), Department of Medical Surgical Nursing is celebrating “LUNG CANCER AWARENESS” month and organizing an Expert Talk on “Lung cancer and its prevention” on 26th November 2019.
Lung cancer awareness month is celebrated in November month of every year. It is the most common cancer worldwide, affecting 2.09 million people in 2018. It takes more lives every year than colon, prostate, ovarian and breast cancers combined.
Lung cancer is a condition that causes cells to divide in the lungs uncontrollably. Lung cancer usually starts in the lining of the bronchi, but can also begin in other areas of the respiratory system, including the trachea, bronchioles, or alveoli. It is the leading cause of cancer death in both men and women. This causes the growth of tumors that reduce a person’s ability to breathe.
- Raising student’s awareness towards lung cancer.
- To encourage the students to improve their Psychomotor skills
- Supporting scientific researches on lung cancer.
- Raising awareness of the harmful effects of smoking, risk factors therapy of lung cancer
- Prof: Pauline Sharmila, 8800998805, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Kiran Sharma, 8839124390, email@example.com
- Ms. Divya Upreti, 9953574132, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Swati Patiyal, 9736272040, email@example.com
- Dr. Anil Thakwani, HOD Oncology & Oncology Surgery, Sharda Hospital, School of Medical Science and Research.
- Dr. Hemkant Verma, Associate Professor Oncology & oncology surgery, Sharda Hospital, School of Medical Science and Research.
Date: 26th November 2019
Time: 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Venue: Block 3, Audi-014, Sharda University.