The School of Pharmacy (SOP) is organizing an Industrial visit to Baddi and Shimla, (Himachal Pradesh) for its B.Pharma 3rd Year, M.Sc.1st year and M.Sc.2 nd year students from 13th January to 18th January 2019.
70 Students along with four faculty members are going to visit 10 industry including Wockhardt, Abbott, Alkem, Dr.Morepen, Glenmark, Cipla etc.
Abbott India Ltd, a publicly listed company and a subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories, enjoys strong brand equity in multiple therapeutic categories such as Women’s Health, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Thyroid, Diabetes & Urology, Pain Management, Vitamins, Anti-Infectives & other therapy areas. Wockhardt is a Global pharmaceutical and biotechnology company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It produces formulations, biopharmaceuticals, nutrition products, vaccines and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). Alkem ranked the No.1 Anti-infective company in India for the past 10 years and feature amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in the therapeutic segments of Gastro-intestinal, Pain management, and Vitamins / Minerals / Nutrients. Currently ranked the fifth largest pharmaceutical company in India in terms of domestic sales for the fiscal year 2016 with iconic brands like Clavam, Pan, Pan-D, Taxim and Taxim-O featuring amongst the top 50 pharmaceutical brands in India. Morepen manufactures and sells Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Home Diagnostics and Finished Formulations to 50-plus countries. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd is a research-driven, global, integrated pharmaceutical company. The company is a leading player in the discovery of new molecules both NCEs (new chemical entity) and NBEs (new biological entity). Cipla primarily develops medicines to treat respiratory, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, diabetes, weight control and depression; other medical conditions.
The Factory Visit tour comprises of:
- An overview of Research and development with Manufacturing Process of different dosage forms.
- An Interaction Session – Question & Answers.
- Manufacturing Plant Visit.
Objective of Event:
- To give the live exposure to the students about the Research and development, production processes, packaging & storage, QA-QC, regulation formalities such as certifications of production plant/ products etc. and working culture in an industry environment.
- Dr.Vijender Singh (Dean Sop)
- Ph: 9810347087
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr.Mojahidul Islam (Associate Professor, SOP)
- Email: email@example.com
- Mob: 9582447947
Date: 13th-18th January 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (From 13th to 18th)
Venue: Baddi, Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)