Sharda University, School of Law is organising a six day Faculty Development Programme from 15th July- 20th July, 2019 on ‘Innovative Teaching Learning Methods and Research in Law’.
This Program shall cater to some of the best minds of legal profession including academicians, judges and other legal luminaries. Its purpose is to provide an opportunity for distinguished scholars/ researchers/teachers in India to engage with the young faculty members and share their experiences and perspectives relating to teaching and research. The Expert speakers will discuss intricacies of law teaching and research, while identifying the gaps and suggesting reforms.
Aims and objectives:
- To provide understanding about innovative teaching learning methods.
- To acquaint faculty with intricacies of law and legal research.
- To train and develop law faculty and to upgrade their knowledge and skills which will enable them to prepare syllabus and course module.
- To provide in depth understanding about teaching pedagogy.
- To enhance overall teaching and research capabilities of faculty members.
Proposed Sub themes:
- Introduction to Research (Literature review, identification of research gaps, setting of objectives & Hypotheses).
- Upcoming areas in Legal Research and Research Methodology.
- Research Methodology in Law.
- Inter Disciplinary Research in Law.
- Quantitative Methods in Legal Research.
- Qualitative Method in Legal Research.
- How to Develop Outcome Based Curriculum.
- Experiential, Collaborative Teaching Learning Techniques in Law.
- Statistical Tests and Data Analysis in SPSS.
- Case Method of Teaching.
- The faculty members will be able to explore innovative methods of teaching and learning.
- The faculty members will be able to identify upcoming research areas across various specializations and fields of research.
- The faculty members will be able to come out with quality research work that can be published in reputed journals at national and international level with the guidance of experts.
- The knowledge acquired from experts will be percolated to the students and ultimately benefit them.
- Padma Shri Prof. (Dr.) Upendra Baxi, Emeritus Professor, University of Warwick, UK & Distinguished Professor, NLU Delhi
- Mr. P.K. Malhotra, Former Law Secretary, Govt of India and currently Secretary-General at International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR)
- Prof. (Dr.) B.T. Kaul, Former Chairman Delhi Judicial Academy & Distinguished Professor, Chairperson Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies, New Delhi
- Prof. (Dr.) Mool Chand Sharma, Distinguished Professor of Law, Delhi University, Former founder Vice Chancellor of Central University of Haryana and Vice Chancellor of National Law University of Bhopal
- Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Kumar Sinha, Director, Indian Law Institute, Deemed University, New Delhi
- Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia
- Prof. Ved Kumari, Dean & Head Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
- Prof. (Dr.) Afzal Wani, Professor & Former Dean, School of Law & Legal Studies, GGSIP University, Delhi
- Prof. Pradeep Kulshrestha, Dean, School of Law, Sharda University [Convenor]
- Ms. Divyasheel Tripathi, Asst. Professor, School of Law, Sharda University [Co-Convenor]
Date: July 15th – July 20th, 2019
Timings: 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Venue: 202, Seminar Hall, Block-7, Sharda University Plot No. 32-34, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310